|Aperture Dimensions||ASTM D 4759-02||mm (in)||25 (1.0), 33 (1.3)|
|Minimum Rib Thickness||ASTM D 4759-02||mm (in)||0.76 (0.03), 0.76 (0.03)|
|Tensile Strength @ 2% Strain||ASTM D 6637-10||kN/m (lb/ft)||4.1 (280), 6.6 (450)|
|Tensile Strength @ 5% Strain||ASTM D 6637-10||kN/m (lb/ft||8.5 (580), 13.4 (920)|
|Ultimate Tensile Strength||ASTM D 6637-10||kN/m (lb/ft)||12.4 (850), 19.0 (1,300)|
|Junction Efficiency||ASTM D 7737-11||%||93|
|Flexural Stiffness||ASTM D 7748-12||mg-cm||250,000|
|Aperture Stability||GRI GG9||m-N/deg||0.32|
|Resistance to Installation Damage||ASTM D 5818 and ASTM D 6637||%SC / %SW / %GP||95 / 93 / 90|
|Resistance to Long Term Degradation||EPA 9090||%||100|
|Resistance to UV Degradation @ 500 hrs||ASTM D 4355-05||%||100|
- Prepare the foundation, block alignment, core filling, drainage rock placement, backfill placement, and compaction per instructions supplied with the retaining wall system.
- Compact backfill so it is level with the top of the retaining block prior to geogrid installation.
- Align geogrid at face of block, and lay it out in one continuous piece to the back of the reinforced soil. If needed, align multiple geogrid pieces side by side. Do not overlap geogrid.
- Place next row of blocks on top of geogrid.
- Eliminate any folds or looseness by pulling tight and staking at the back.
- Backfill and compact soil for the new row, and repeat the process one row at a time until retaining wall is complete.